Hebrew Support

Nikolas Arend Nikolas.Arend at gmx.net
Wed Apr 26 22:00:56 CEST 2006

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 4/26/06, Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:
>
>> Never tried to enter Hebrew text, so I don't know what is required
>> exactly, but maybe the xfce4-xkb-plugin does what you need?
>>

>>> Dotan Cohen
>>>
>> Benedikt
>>

> Yes, thank you, that is what I need. I just installed it, and it has
> two modes: PC and US. In PC mode I can type in English normally. In US
> I type and the cursor moves from left to right, but no text is
> displayed. I do not see any options for it, other than it's position
> on the menu and the choice of text or pictures. What must I do to
> enable Hebrew?
>
> Thank you for your patience.

To be able to switch between the layouts, you should modify/add the
respective entry for the keyboard layout in your xorg.conf file. Like this

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us,de"
EndSection

Please refer to the xfce4-xkb-plugin help and xorg docs for further
information or ask google.

HTH,   Nick.