Bug in subpixel hinting configuration?

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Apr 26 05:13:43 CEST 2006

Joe Klemmer wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 02:01 +0200, Mateusz Łoskot wrote:
>

>>After I rebooted my laptop
>
> [...]
>
>>unchecked appropriate checkbox, rebooted, logged to Xfce
>
> [...]
>
>>I deleted it, rebooted, logged to Xfce and it works!
>

> 	Just a side note; you don't need to do all of this rebooting.  Just
> logging off of Xfce then logging back on will be enough.

Yes, I was almost sure I don't have to reboot. But I was not sure if all
 fonts/X11 related configuration and cache will refresh. So, I rebooted
just to be 100% sure :-).

> 	(It's really bad how MS has cause so much wasted time and effort with
> their training people to reboot whenever they move the mouse or
> something)

Yup, you're right. As I said, fonts stuff in X11 is a magic for me, so I
just didn't know how "refresh" new settings completely.

Thanks!
--
Mateusz Łoskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net