newbie wants to contribute

Edward Huerta edward.huerta at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 11:12:12 CEST 2006

hello xfce team,

i want to start contributing to the xfce project. i have several ideas
that could help users manage and setup their systems through guis. I
have come back to using xfce and i'm surprised and proud of how good
it's turning out.

My idea is to develop tools with the xfc library because I believe in
having a fast and clean xfce compatible environment for the user.

However, there is one problem. In my study, we mainly use Java and I
have a very small but forgotten background in c++.

I have already begun to develop mockups and sketches of what I would
like to develop, now I just need to put it into code. How can I began?
I have search the xfc Documentation pages but it's not clear to me. I
know I should learn GTK and c++, but I haven't found a good source of
information.

Can you guys help me by guiding me to good sites where I can get
enough information to start programming? Also, maybe you can give me
some tips on what I should be aware of when it comes to programming
for xfc.

Edward

p.s. I'm pretty sure it doesn't, but do the xfc libraries support
opengl with their widgets?