gtk2 app problems while compiling thunar

James Westby jw+xfce at jameswestby.net
Sun Apr 23 16:14:47 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I'm currently compiling thunar-0.3.0beta1 in a pbuilder chroot and it
is giving me some strange problems with gtk2 apps.

While it is compiling (I haven't caught the exact moment, but it
appears to be within the main compiling stage) all my gtk2 apps
suddenly become all 'blocky'. By this i mean they lose all of the nice
widgets and are surrounded by rectangular borders. This is seen with
xfce4-panel, xfdesktop4, xftaskbar4 and firefox 1.5. It appears as
though gtk1 apps are not affected.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks,

James