mouspad compilation and signedness problems

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sat Apr 22 01:29:01 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm just trying to build Xfce modules from SVN and I'm getting some
errors. I'm building mousepad module.
First error I got was related to signed/unsigned mismatch in
src/callback.c file,line 175:

gint		rbytes, wbytes;
str = g_convert(str, -1, sd->fi->charset, "UTF-8", &rbytes, &wbytes,
&conv_err);

rbytes and wbytes should be signed types, so I changed them to gsize
(according to GTK+ docs of g_convert function) and it now compiles well.

Second error is related to src/dnd.c file, lines 52 and 53.

if (selection_data->data && g_strstr_len(selection_data->data, 5,
"file:")) {
files = g_strsplit(selection_data->data, "\n" , 2);

In both cases, selection_data->data is of type of guchar* but
g_strstr_len and strsplit expects gchar (unsigned char).

So, are those known problems?
Does it mean compiler settings are set too restrictive?
Should I submit a bug report?

Cheers
--
Mateusz Łoskot