[OT] Good to be back: An experiment with Compiz

Robin Haswell rob at digital-crocus.com
Wed Apr 19 22:57:13 CEST 2006

Yo'av Moshe wrote:
> For those who liked their computer make people say "wow", I'd say that
> Compiz is a great addon. For those who simply don't care about their
> desktop look, and are keyboard's freaks - Xfwm is probably a better
> choice.

Yeah pretty close. I would refine that to "For people who want to Get Stuff Done, use XFWM). Compiz
lacks productivity features (apart from Expose), and in fact the whole thing itself is a major
productivity sapper. "Wheee aaaiiint iit preettty oooohhh oh crap I pissed away my evening".

Which reminds me, is there any chance whatsoever of that "expose" thing becoming an xfwm feature? Is
it even possible? I don't mean the eye-candy bit, just the ability to get a quick overview of all
the windows open.

-Rob