[OT] Good to be back: An experiment with Compiz

Robin Haswell rob at digital-crocus.com
Wed Apr 19 22:52:32 CEST 2006

Andrew Conkling wrote:
> On 4/19/06, Robin Haswell <rob at digital-crocus.com> wrote:
>> After flicking between metacity (rubbish)...
> I just want to point out that, as of GNOME 2.14, metacity is
> officially classified as almost-rubbish, missing rubbish status by a
> few pixels.

Whoah, amazing. You mean it's more than a slower knock-off of Explorer these days? What missing
feature holes did they plug? I thought GNOME wasn't in the business of adding features. Quite the
opposite...

(Hint: I loathe Gnome for having so much stuff that Just Works while simultaneously nailing my hands
to the chair in terms of usability features in the name of "it would confuse people who are used to
more retarded OSs".)