Xfce 4.4b1 task bar issue?

Peter N. Spotts pspotts at alum.mit.edu
Wed Apr 19 19:27:26 CEST 2006

Folks,

A quick reality check on the taskbar before I go off to bug land...

I prefer using the panel as a taskbar and so want to
eliminate the taskbar itself. So after installing 4.4b-1 (which is
magnificent, BTW), I quit out of the taskbar, then used save session
when I logged off to keep the tb away. When I restarted Xfce, a portion
of the TB remains on the screen (about 1/2 to 2/3 its original depth).
It shows no apps, although the in-panel tb does. And when I run
gnome-system-monitor, I find no indication the taskbar is running. So
the system says it's off; Xfce's desktop shows it 1/2 to 2/3 on, but no
registering apps.

Has anyone else but me seen this? Or is this something I should post on
the bug site? BTW, I'm running this on SuSE 10.0, if that means
anything.

With best regards,

Pete
--

Peter N. Spotts | Science Correspondent
The Christian Science Monitor
www.csmonitor.com | pspotts at alum.mit.edu

"The knack of flying is to throw yourself
at the ground and miss"   --Douglas Adams