Using KDE's clock instead of XFCE's clock

Adriano Winter Bess awbess at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 18:44:41 CEST 2006

2006/4/17, Stefan Stuhr <xfceuserslist at sstuhr.dk>:
> It should be possible to implement it as a 3rd party plugin (for Xfce
> 4.4 and/or 4.2). Whoever implements it should be aware that there very
> easily could be i18n issues. One could eventually look at the KDE
> implementation to see what they do to solve such issues.

I imagine (not sure at all) that this KDE clock is something similar
to a Xfce plugin or even a Gnome applet (AFAIK KDE panel does have
support for things such as applets). Maybe one could write a Xfce
plugin that enables KDE applets inside the Xfce panel, just as
XfApplet enables using Gnome applets inside the Xfce panel. It
wouldn't be as easy to implement as XfApplet was, but it would be a
neat thing to do.

Regards,
Adriano
--