prefix issue with xffm

Foxy foxy at on-the-hill.me.uk
Wed Apr 12 13:24:17 CEST 2006

I decided to upgrade xffm from svn as I installed it last time a few
weeks ago. Since my main xfce4 is from Ubuntu Dapper repositories, I
installed all xffm modules to /usr rather than /usr/local to make sure
that I have xffm mcs module available in my settings.

However, I ran into a few issues with it. First of all, if I launch xffm
I've got the following error:

> ** (xffm-iconview:2790): WARNING **: Show stopper: cannot get module
> >> info for xffm_icons
I tried to copy libxffm-icons.so to /usr/local/lib and was able to
launch xffm, but it does not see any of its plugins.

Does it mean that everything is statically linked to /usr/local, and I
have to install libxffm and plugins there rather then in /usr?