xfce-goodies battery monitor

John Thompson JohnThompson at new.rr.com
Tue Apr 4 21:19:50 CEST 2006

I'm having problems with the battery monitor applet from xfce-goodies.
I'm using xfce-4.2.3.2, compiled from source using the graphical
installer, on linux-2.6.14. The xfce-goodies package has also been
compiled from source on the same machine/compiler/environment. The
problem I see is that when I enable the battery monitor, the cpu usage
for the xfce-panel process skyrockets and the system becomes extremely
sluggish. As soon as I disable the battery monitor, things return to
normal. Other xfce-goodies applets, e.g. the "weather monitor" work
perfectly well.

Any ideas?

--
John (john at os2.dhs.org)