xfce4 -4.2.3-3 fc5 won't startup on fedora

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Sun Apr 2 21:18:43 CEST 2006

sean wrote:

>> sean> (xfce-mcs-manager:4103): libxfce4mcs-CRITICAL **:
>> sean> mcs_manager_add_channel_from_file: assertion `filename != NULL
>> sean> && strlen (filename) > 0' failed /etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc: line

This one is not important, some MCS plugin don't check the existence of
the configuration file.

>> sean> 106: 4105 Segmentation fault xfwm4 --daemon ** Message: Cannot
>> sean> connect to session manager /etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc: line 123:
>> sean> 4108 Segmentation fault xfcalendar /etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc: line
>> sean> 123: 4110 Segmentation fault $panel

Here, several core components die which make me think of an issue with
the session client code in libxfcegui4. A backtrace would be helpful I
think (even if restoring xfce4-session fix the problem, it fixes the
effects and not the root cause of the problem.)

Can you try to get a backtrace for us please? I cant' reproduce the
problem myself.

TIA
Cheers,
Olivier.