Orage Qns

John Shane jslists at mtwafrica.org
Sun Sep 11 20:36:32 CEST 2005

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 11:25:47 -0500
"Dennis J. Tuchler" <dennis.tuchler at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Is this the proper place to ask questions about Orage (as I could not
> find a separate home base for that item)?  I am interested mainly
> because I expect to use Xfce4.4 (as I now use 4.2.1).
>
> As to integration with others' apps, remember Murphy's law, so
> strikingly proven by Microsoft.
>
> I have been looking at the Mozilla spin off, which is yet without a way
> of coordinating the calendar with Palm Pilot. Will Orage have this kind
> of usefulness by the time Xfce4.4 bursts upon the scene?

JPilot has the option of exporting all Datebook records to an
iCalendar .ics file.  I am not yet aware of a way to import an .ics file
back into JPilot though.  Hopefully we can at least maintain a calendar on
the Palm and export it to a file that Orage can use.  A conduit to
syncronize data between JPilot and Orage would be great.

John