Xfce SVN moving - progress and planning - update

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Thu Oct 27 19:25:53 CEST 2005

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

>Brian J. Tarricone schreef:

>>Auke Kok wrote:
>>

>>>Here's another update regarding the SVN move to mocha:
>>>

>>[snip]
>>
>>BTW, all... If you have a lot of checkouts you don't want to re-checkout
>>(be nice to the server!), you can do something easy like this to fix it:
>>
>>svn switch --relocate \
>>    svn+ssh://username@svn.foo-projects.org/var/svn/xfce \
>>    https://username@svn.xfce.org/svn/xfce
>>

>As a general question, is https access preferred over svn+ssh?

yes, it offers the possibility to allow svn access without giving a full
shell account to developers. It would become a grave concern if we would
give a ssh account to all Xfce translators, for instance.

Brian and me have been comtemplating giving senior devs an ssh account,
however right now after just having setup mocha, I'm much more
comfortable without that. This is something for later.

Auke