Xfce SVN moving - progress and planning
sofar at foo-projects.org
Sun Oct 23 23:44:50 CEST 2005
As stated before The Xfce SVN repository and the remaining xfce projects
on espresso will move to mocha coming week. Here's a brief update on
status and planning:
- https is setup and running with a test certificate at
https://www.xfce.org/. This will not be the final location, I'd rather
have 'https://xfce.org/' for that, but the problem with https is that
the certificate always needs to have the same hostname as the vhost.
- DAV and HTTPS authentication is setup. All users and translators can
now get their accounts for https access to the new repository as soon as
- The SVN repo is rsyncing already making the final rsync very quick,
this will minimize downtime for the SVN tree next week.
- You can follow and already check out from the rsynced tree at
http://svn.xfce.org/ and even use websvn from there (until the final
rsync this may *break* your local svn copy!)
- the password changing interface is up too, devs can change their https
passwd with the info they receive in the mail.
- most likely I will reroute xfce.org/~user to
users.foo-projects.org/~user. I need to think about this - I really want
to move all xfce vhosts to mocha but that breaks for the user directories.
- preparation for svn is almost done, no more work on that today
- monday or tuesday: finalize move of SVN, allow limited svn access to
- monday or tuesday: pick up shipment from europe in Portland harbour
- wednesday: allow developer SVN acces to all devs, move all xfce
- thursday+friday: sentry duty fixing broken webpages and user account
More information about the Xfce