How do I switch back ?

Erik Harrison erikharrison at xfce.org
Tue Oct 11 02:23:46 CEST 2005

On 10/10/05, Marcel Janssen <korgull at home.nl> wrote:
> hi,
>
> I tried switching to XFCE and now I can't switch back to any other desktop
> (gnome or kde) on Fedora Core 3.

How did you install Xfce? From source, via the installer, or via RPMs?

> My system has auto login enabled but normally when I restart X I get into a
> login screen. This doesn't happen anymore and I'm trying to find out for over
> 2 hours why XFCE still starts (every script has things enabled to start KDE
> but it won't).

This is definately Fedora specific here

> I suspects some system files have been altered but I have no idea which ones.
> I only used the switchdesktop tool to switch so I guess that tool is broken
> or XFCE does some funny things to my system.

Again, looks like it's a system conf issue. I don't use Fedora -
anyone else familiar?

> Any way I can fix this ?

Oh, just about everything is fixable, given infinite time/power ;-)

> regards,
> Marcel

Erik

"If Beethoven had been killed in a plane crash at the age of 22, it
would have changed the history of music... and of aviation."