Installing in SuSE 10

Scott Jones scottj.org at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 00:30:08 CEST 2005

On Monday 10 October 2005 15:30, Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:

> Foxy wrote:
> >It has been posted before:
>
> Where can I find the instructions for picking XFCE as my default desktop
> under SuSE 10. I recall that under SuSE 9.n a file has to be amended and
> renamed, but I can't recall which file. Is it the same under SuSE 10?

To change it system-wide, YaST->/etc/sysconfig Editor->Desktop->Window
Manager->DEFAULT_WM and change the value to xfce, or you can
edit /etc/sysconfig/windowmanager directly and change the value for
DEFAULT_WM to xfce.  If you are using kdm as your display manager, keep in
mind that each user's last-used window manager will be selected by default
for that user.

--
Homepage                        http://scottj.org
XFce desktop environment        http://www.xfce.org