xfburn SVN merged!

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 01:06:23 CEST 2005

On 10/7/05, Auke Kok <sofar at foo-projects.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> P0llux and I merged Xfburn into Xfce's SVN repository, making it
> available to the Xfce community for development and testing. Xfburn is a
> frontend burning application that uses cdrtools (cdrecord, cdrdao,
> mkisofs) to create and burn CD's and DVD's. The easy gui frontent should
> make it an attractive and usable CD burning application.

Very awesome. It already looks nice.

> Currently Xfburn supports writing data cd's only, but audio CD's are
> planned as well. Please note that Xfburn is highly alpha - although it
> is tested and some things work, it is not fit for any purpose yet and
> requires substantial work and more testing.

It detects my CD burner, which puts it leaps and bounds beyond most
tools in this camp.

> With the SVN release of Xfburn we hope to attract developers that wish
> to start on a relatively small project that is already setup but not
> complete - Xfburn needs more functionality and other stuff like
> translations etc. Feel free to check out SVN and help:

I keep saying I'll do this or that and never get around to it. But if
I have cause to I may send a patch your way

>   svn co http://svn.foo-projects.org/svn/xfce/xfburn/trunk xfburn
>
> Happy coding/burning!
>
> Auke

Erik

"If Beethoven had been killed in a plane crash at the age of 22, it
would have changed the history of music... and of aviation."