xfce 4.2.2 & openoffice 2.0 rc1

Fri Oct 7 18:39:12 CEST 2005

Its odd but when openoffice 2 writer runs it doesn't start a document with the
default template. Under KDE 3.4.2 it does. I can select start a new document
and it will do it and everything else about it runs fine but its just the
startup.

I found out that in KDE the icons got created with commands like ooffice2
-writer %U

I'm assuming they got created the same way and that xfce isn't taking the
parameters. Its an easy fix to just change to oocalc, oowriter, etc but the
menueditor doesn't show me the office folder to edit them and the xfce 4.2
manual has but a footnote on using the editor. I looked in menu.xml but
didn't find it there.

Some help please? :)

Robert