Installing under SuSE 10

Andrew Conkling andrew.conkling at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 17:13:25 CET 2005

On 11/17/05, Dennis J. Tuchler <dennis.tuchler at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Andrew Conkling wrote:
> >Also, unless you have a specific need, 4.2.2 packages might be just
> >fine for you; they are, after all, bugfixes.
> Good idea, except there is no SuSE 10 set for 4.2.2. packages, either.

One of the most frustrating things I found about some of the large
distros; they seem to support only GNOME or KDE.  If you're not able
to find *any* 4.2 packages for Xfce, I'd seriously reconsider distro
choice.  However, it's likely that some user somewhere has set up a
repository for Xfce packages.  Make sure you search well.

(Using Mandrake really helped my search skills for finding packages.
Now I just use Arch and can easily make my own.)

--
http://aconkling.blogspot.com