KDE -> Xfce

Andrew Conkling andrew.conkling at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 21:30:52 CET 2005

Niki's introduction post from earlier today got me thinking.  At this
point, it seems completely natural that users would switch from KDE to
Xfce; it seems to happen all the time.  However, it took me kind of
aback today; maybe I just now stepped back and thought about it.  But
why from KDE to Xfce?  Or why does it seem that people can hold KDE
and Xfce in similar regard but Xfce users who have used GNOME now hold
it in such disdain?

I'm speaking in broad strokes, but these are the stereotypes I've seen
on the list, IRC, and the forum.  I, for one, prefer GNOME to KDE, but
that is partly due to my preference of GTK+, of simplicity, and of
consistency with some of my favorite apps.

Cheers,
Andrew

--
http://aconkling.blogspot.com