Automatic focus settings

Harold h.aling at home.nl
Fri Nov 11 17:24:07 CET 2005

I've set this option ~6 months ago but I have yet to find the first
application that actually uses the _NET_WM_USER_TIME correctly. Almost
the apps that I use don't use it AFAICS. Perhaps that I just don't use
the applications that DO use that property.

Anyway, it's generally a bad idea to rely on the assumed correctness of
other programs...

Look: I'm not a programmer, so I may have a really blurred vision of
what might be possible or not...

I just find it hard to believe that an implementation where newly
created processes get timestamped when created and compared to the time
stamp of the last (user)focused window isn't possible, or maybe a fairly
simple new feature...

Again: I don't want to sound like I know it all better than you all, I'm
just suggesting something to expand the friendliness and usability of
XFCE...

-H-