Automatic focus settings

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Fri Nov 11 16:51:31 CET 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 16:02 +0100, Harold wrote:
>  I want to restart this discussion because it's the only thing that
> keeps getting me annoyed when using the best desktop environment
> available...

I think it's been covered already. What you want is focus stealing
prevention. There is a (documented) hidden option for that in xfwm4 4.2.
Support has been improved in 4.3.

The system, however, requires that the applications properly set the
property _NET_WM_USER_TIME on user input. Not all applications are
compatible with this protocol (and even among those which are
compatible, some don't set the property accurately IMHO).

Cheers,
Olivier.