Changing the backdrop

Gerald Barre g.barre at free.fr
Wed Nov 9 16:57:00 CET 2005

Le Wed, 9 Nov 2005 15:16:30 +0000
Iain Scurrah <iscurrah at fmail.co.uk> s'exprimait:

> After login, I have these processes running :
> (The tree organization was by ksysguard. Can I do this from the command line?)

Yes, it's called pstree.
usage: pstree [ -a ] [ -c ] [ -h | -H pid ] [ -l ] [ -n ] [ -p ] [ -u ]
              [ -A | -G | -U ] [ pid | user]
       pstree -V

    -a     show command line arguments
    -A     use ASCII line drawing characters
    -c     don't compact identical subtrees
    -h     highlight current process and its ancestors
    -H pid highlight process "pid" and its ancestors
    -G     use VT100 line drawing characters
    -l     don't truncate long lines
    -n     sort output by PID
    -p     show PIDs; implies -c
    -u     show uid transitions
    -U     use UTF-8 (Unicode) line drawing characters
    -V     display version information
    pid    start at pid, default 1 (init)
    user   show only trees rooted at processes of that user