Launcher movement question

Myles Green rmg57 at telus.net
Tue May 31 06:10:11 CEST 2005

On May 30, 2005 17:10, Anthony Ewell wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am running White Box Enterprise Linux 4 (WBEL4),
> which is the same thing as Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
> (RHEL4), only cheaper.  WBEL4 is based on Fedora Core 3.
>
> I am running xfce-4.2.2-rpm-fdr-i386.tar.bz2.
>
> I sometimes like my task bar on the bottom (isn't
> covered up by my ubiquitous yellow sticky notes
> handing down from the top of the monitor bezel).
>
> Problem: if I put it on the bottom, my launcher bar
> covers most of it up.  I can grab the bar and move it
> side to side, but not up and down.  Am I missing
> something here?

Hi Tony,

Here are a couple of possible solutions for you, there's probably more
but I can't think of any more right now.

First suggestion: If your panel (launcher bar) hasn't got too many
launchers on it, you could try the taskbar plugin for the panel. If you
do have several launchers, you could (perhaps) combine them thereby
making more room for the plugin.

Second suggestion: With the advent of Xfce 4.2.x, the ability to have
the panel "float" on the desktop some distance from the screen edge was
lost. Now you can _only_ place it right on the [top|bottom|left|right]
edge of the screen - you could try placing your's on the left or right
edge.

HTH, Myles

--
Learn to pause -- or nothing worthwhile can catch up to you.