Graphical login

Matt Savigear mcs_xfce at savigear.com
Fri May 27 10:04:22 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 08:57 +0100, Paul Tansom wrote:
> I have a suspicion this may be a dumb question, but I've not managed to
> find the answer I'm looking for yet - if that makes any sense!
>
> I'm looking to experimentally switch to a graphical login prompt instead
> of using startxfce4 every time I power on.

I'm pretty sure Xfce does not have its own login manager yet.

You should already have xdm as I _think_ it comes with X. It's not
pretty, but it's graphical. You might also want to take a look at
quingy, which is framebuffer rather than X-based.

I am currently fiddling with entrance (from the enlightenment window
manager folk) but I don't know what load the prerequisites put on your
resources.

HTH,

Matt.