Graphical login

Paul Tansom paul at aptanet.com
Fri May 27 09:57:52 CEST 2005

I have a suspicion this may be a dumb question, but I've not managed to
find the answer I'm looking for yet - if that makes any sense!

I'm looking to experimentally switch to a graphical login prompt instead
of using startxfce4 every time I power on. From a trawl through the
documentation I can find details of using GDM if I'm running Gnome or
KDM if I'm running KDE - I'm not running either though. Is a native
graphical login on the things to do list for XFCE or have I missed
something? Perhaps I should be hacking one of the *DM setups to work
without the desktop itself, although adding GDM looks to want to use
10.2MB of disk space, which sounds overkill just for a graphical login
Still better than KDM which runs at 66.2MB, so there's tons of
unnecessary stuff in there :)

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | http://www.aptanet.com/