xfsm-shutdown-helper sudo error messages

Andreas J. Guelzow aguelzow at taliesin.ca
Tue May 24 02:59:38 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-23-05 at 18:35 -0500, J. Lewis Muir wrote:
> And for clarity, I didn't mean it as an "it annoys me". It's really
> along the lines of, if I have a bunch of false-positive sudo entries in
> my logs then I will tend to start ignoring all of the sudo entries.
>
> I was just hoping there was a quick way to get it to stop doing it.
>
> But really if there's nothing to easily help this in the Xfce side of
> things, I could modify the log watching software to ignore the sudo
> entries for the xfsm-shutdown-helper. I just didn't want to have to go
> this route if there was a simple way in the Xfce side of things.

The good thing of open source software is that you can modify it to fit
your need. So if you comfortable to recompile xfce4-session, you could
configure it before compiling with
--with-shutdown-style=none
This will avoid calling sudo.

Andreas

--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences