Application Icons on Panel Desktops and Iconified

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed May 18 05:13:15 CEST 2005

   I looked at the on-line 4.2 documents without finding the answer I seek.

   Rather than having the generic three-block icon on the panel's desktop widgets
and when an application (such as pine or slrn) is iconified, I'd like to
specify a graphic to be used. What can I read to learn how to do this?

   When I open applications such as firefox, emacs, the GIMP, jpilot, and
other GUI apps their icons are place on the panel's desktop widgets, and on
the minimized icon. But, console apps do not offer the same behaviors out of
the box.

   I thought that Olivier had a solution to this back in the xfce-2 or -3
days, but I cannot find it in my e-mail archive. I also did not find an
answer searching the foo-project archive via the xfce web site. (Of course, I
might not have had the proper search term to use.)

Thanks,

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President