More Serious Problems with 4.2.x

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed May 18 01:03:01 CEST 2005

On Tue, 17 May 2005, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   1. In both ~/.xfce4/xinitrc and /etc/X11/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc is the line
> testing for $HOME/.Xmodmap, and loading it when found. This has worked
> before, but it's not working now. The re-mapped ctrl and caps lock keys,
> among others, are not actaully remapped. I'm puzzled why not.

    More information on the above. I cannot get xmodkeys to load .Xmodmap
during invocation. No matter how I express it in both /etc and ~/, it just
does not work. However, if I run the command from a virtual terminal once X
is running it works just fine. Very strange. Not happened before, and I've
been using xfce for many years now.

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President