xfce on pentium1?

Kristoffer kfs1 at online.no
Mon May 16 19:03:27 CEST 2005

On Mon, 16 May 2005 13:13:41 +0200, W. Lichtenberger <wowowolf at web.de>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 16 May 2005 12:13:33 +0200, Auke Kok <sofar at lunar-linux.org>
> wrote:
>> Amichai Teumim wrote:
>>> would it work?
>>
>> of course. The question is rather: would it work AND be usable? that
>> depends on a lot more factors like memory size, and your personal
>> demands of which components you wish to run.
>
> My experience with a P1-233MHz and 32MB RAM in an old Toshiba Tecra
> 540CDT:
> XFCE 4.2 works good 8^)
>
> --
> regards,
> -- W. Lichtenberger

you could also try tiny-linux(http://www.selenic.com/tiny-about/) to
compile your kernel with and rox is also a great DE(well, depends on
what you define a DE should have, but CAN be pretty well-featured
(and LIGHT, which is the point) if you download some plugins :)

(see the developers sites too as not all extra apps is listed in the
wiki under apps i think..)

you could always mix-match rox,xfce,etc,etc...

sorry for going "offtopic"?