Are global panel contents possible?

Stephen Hurd shurd at sasktel.net
Sat May 14 22:09:04 CEST 2005

Unfortunately, I want some that are merged... for example, I would like
to be able to have the web browser and email launchers as items that
cannot be deleted/modified/etc, but allow them to customize the rest of
the panel (ie: Add the weather thinger, add launchers for their own
stuff etc).  Also, if I decide to switch from (say) Mozilla to Firefox
as the web browser, I would like to be able to diddle one file and have
it change the launcher for ALL users etc.

Without any real thought on the matter, loading the users contents.xml,
then loading the global config overwriting/adding vales would be ideal.