Problem loading Xfce-4.2.0 on Slackware-10.1

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed May 4 23:10:18 CEST 2005

On Wed, 4 May 2005, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> No, you need to ensure that there's only one copy of the proper lib on your
> system. /usr/lib is generally the preferred location, though IIRC Slackware
> may do stuff differently.

Brian,

   I've found many applications over the years that will look for a library in
/usr/local/lib rather than in /usr/lib. Whether that change between
xfce-4.0.6 and -4.2.0/.1 comes from xfce or slackware I don't know. But,
putting the current version (or a soft link) in /usr/local/lib, too, fixed
it.

Thanks,

Rich

--