Problem loading Xfce-4.2.0 on Slackware-10.1 -- SOLVED!

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed May 4 23:08:10 CEST 2005

On Wed, 4 May 2005, Rich Shepard wrote:

> ... is part of the problem. The version of libglib-2 in /usr/local/lib is
> from 2003 while the version in /usr/lib is from today. Aha!

Olivier, et al.:

   Got it fixed, thank you very much.

   Turns out that for both libglib-2 and libgobject-2, the .600 version was
installed into /usr/lib while the very old .200 version remained in
/usr/local/lib. The prior version (.400) was in /usr/lib, too. So, I guess
that xfce4-session _used_ to look in /usr/lib for these libraries, but now
it's looking in /usr/local/lib and finding antiques instead of the latest and
greatest.

   Whew!

Rich

--