xfcepanel and taskbar autohide options

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Tue May 3 19:59:05 CEST 2005

hicham wrote:
> On 5/3/05, Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at xfce.org> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 12:11:26PM +0000, hicham wrote:
>>
>>>Hello
>>>    I use the autohide option of xfcepanel and taskbar to hide them so
>>>I can see any application on the whole screen, xfcepanel and taskbar
>>>are located at the bottom of my screen
>>>the problem is that sometimes xfcepanel get hidden forever, gettin the
>>>mouse pointing on the bottom screen line  does not make it reappear. I
>>>have to switch off and on the autohide option
>>>to get it on screen again
>>>

>>Are you saying you have both the panel and the taskbar at the bottom of the
>>screen, overlapping eachother? If that's the case I'm not surprised it doesn't
>>work properly.
>>
>>A common reason for problems with autohide is if you have selected to option
>>to switch workspaces when the mouse reaches the screen edge. It's part of the
>>window manager settings and this option is not compatible with panel autohide.
>>
>>        Jasper
>>

> yes the panel and the taskbar are overlapping
> and I 've got only one workspace

I'm not really surprised that it doesn't work. The panel and the taskbar
will both try to catch mouse movements, so that may very well interfere.
I don't think I can make that work.

If you simply want the panel and a tasklist on the same screen edge, you
could try to use the taskbar plugin and simply not run xftaskbar4.

	Jasper