xfcepanel and taskbar autohide options

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Tue May 3 16:47:04 CEST 2005

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 12:11:26PM +0000, hicham wrote:
> Hello
>     I use the autohide option of xfcepanel and taskbar to hide them so
> I can see any application on the whole screen, xfcepanel and taskbar
> are located at the bottom of my screen
> the problem is that sometimes xfcepanel get hidden forever, gettin the
> mouse pointing on the bottom screen line  does not make it reappear. I
> have to switch off and on the autohide option
> to get it on screen again

Are you saying you have both the panel and the taskbar at the bottom of the
screen, overlapping eachother? If that's the case I'm not surprised it doesn't
work properly.

A common reason for problems with autohide is if you have selected to option
to switch workspaces when the mouse reaches the screen edge. It's part of the
window manager settings and this option is not compatible with panel autohide.

	Jasper