xffm and gentoo...

Maximilian Schleiss maxschleiss at bluewin.ch
Fri Mar 25 21:32:45 CET 2005

Hi all,
xffm has got a new release and after a few days the gentoo ebuild is
still not out of the dark so I tried installing from source and now xffm
won't start anymore.
As a normal user I unpacked the source files, cd in the directory, did
./configure and after it had finished did make. I su to root and do a
make install.
When I wanted to launch the xffm that was in /usr/local/bin it
complained about some files in /usr/lib. I found these files in
/usr/local/lib and copied them in /usr/lib. Yes I did, I was wrong to do
that! Now when I type xffm from /usr/local/bin or /usr/bin it complains
about:
xffm: symbol lookup error: xffm: undefined symbol: opt_branches_titles
Is there any make uninstall command I could do to wipe my mess out and
emerge the old xffm so I have my filemanager back?
Thanks in advance for the kind answer.
Maximilian