User interface for the new file manager

"Christian V. J. Brüssow" cvjb at cvjb.de
Mon Mar 21 13:53:26 CET 2005

Benedikt Meurer schrieb:
> Christian V. J. Brüssow wrote:
>> Will the location bar be visible, when the tree is disabled in the
>> explorer like layout? So it would more look like the ROX layout, but
>> with a location bar?
> Yes.

:-))

>> What about a commander like layout (two panes)? That is one view I'm
>> really missing with ROX, xffm, and nautilus. This kind of layout
>> really speeds up your work, in mc (e.g.) it is only one hit at F5 to
>> copy a file or a whole bunch of selected files. With one pane, it is
>> more laborious.
> Gnome Commander does this already, and I think Jens' Filer also supports
> it.

Yes, I know them both, and I'm using Jens' filer, as I'm using mc.

... well, I think, I'm a kind of a "two pane"-nerd, when it comes to
file managers ;-) But if the new file manager will not have such a mode,
I can life with that. As I have said before, it looks very good.

Have a nice day,

Christian