Workspace names

Paul Tansom paul at aptanet.com
Sun Mar 20 00:50:59 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 13:22 -0800, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> Paul Tansom wrote:
>
> >I'm not sure whether this is a bug or an oversight on my part somewhere
> >- I'm leaning towards bug on the basis that an oversight would mean
> >multiple places for the same configuration :)
> >
> >Anyway, I have named my workspaces in the XFCE settings and middle
> >clicking on the desktop uses these names to identify them. When you
> >right click on a menu bar and go to the "Send to..." sub menu it simply
> >lists them as Workspace 1, Workspace 2, etc..
> >
> >[snip]
> >
> >For reference I'm using the Debian unstable version which is 4.0.6.
> >
> This may be apparent by now, but I thought I'd clarify: 4.0.6 does not
> contain the feature to show the workspace names in the WM menu, but
> 4.2.x does.  The 4.2.x upgrade should be fairly painless (assuming we've
> all done our jobs correctly), so there shouldn't be much (if any) risk
> in upgrading, if you're worried about that.  You may lose a couple
> settings here and there, but, by and large, most of them should be migrated.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I had a feeling that upgrading to 4.2.x
was going to become tempting pretty soon - sounds like pretty soon is
sometime about now :) I shall investigate the pros and cons of going for
the deb packages or the installer and then give it a go.

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | http://www.aptanet.com/