How fast is Xfce's composite manager?

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Wed Mar 16 18:49:53 CET 2005

Robert Kurowski wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:27:58 +0100
>Alexander Toresson <alexander.toresson at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I'm on a p2 300 with 64 mb ram, which hasn't got any 3d card.
>>Is it worth installing xfce4 with the graphical installer to test
>>it out, or will it just be too slow? Xcompmgr ran at less than
>>1 fps.
>>

>Duron 800, 256 ram, riva tnt2 (nvidia drivers), slooooooow :(

????

p3-933, same ram, nvidia geforce2 (nvidia drivers), and it's F*CKING
FAST even with composite on and fullscreen transparent applications!!!

even on non-hw accelerated cards anything above 500MHz should be sweet,
if not impressive. I'd bet that 300MHz is not super-swift but it should
definately be "comfy".

sofar