New Version of Xfce4PanelMenu released

Tue Mar 8 18:24:22 CET 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 16:42 +0100, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> Marc Schwartz wrote:
> > Radoslaw,
> >
> > A quick follow up. I have played around with xffm this morning and note
> > that if one opens a file in xffm and checks the "remember" box, the
> > MIME/Application association is set, much like in Rox.
> >
> > So for example, if I open a text file with xemacs and set the remember
> > box, I can then run the command "xffm TextFileName" at the console and
> > the text file will be opened with Xemacs.
> >
> > So that would suggest that at least Rox and xffm have this capability,
> > which means that the above suggestion would work in two cases.
> >
> > I have tried this with Nautilus, but cannot seem to get similar
> > functionality yet. There may be a command line option that I am not
> > using, but "nautilus TextFileName" is not yet working.
> >
> > If someone else might have an idea on this, it would be helpful, since
> > then we might cover three of the more popular FM's in use under Xfce.
>
> gnome-open
>
> > Thanks,
> > Marc

Benedikt,

That's got it!  Thanks.

So that would cover three of the more popular FM's in use (I think)
under Xfce.

This should then open up the option to expand the functionality of a
recently used files list by allowing the user to specify 'rox', 'xffm'
or 'gnome-open' for these three FMs as the command to precede passing
the FileName as an argument.

Presumably other FM's that have support for MIME/Application
associations would have similar functionality, providing further options
for Xfce users.

Hope that helps Radoslaw.

Best regards,

Marc