Raise/lower

Bruce Miller mistercool at adelphia.net
Sun Mar 6 14:54:47 CET 2005

Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Hi
>
> I may be missing your point completely, but you can move windows without
> raising them by simply using the right mouse button on the title bar...

Well, um, no, you didn't miss my point.  It's just that as I was experimenting
with the buttons, I learned Left Button, then I got to Middle button
and I had so much fun shading & unshading that I never quite got to the
right button....

Translation: "Doh!"
I just never thought to try that. I expected right to give a menu; which
it did, so I never explored further...

To go off on a second tangent: Have you thought about allowing the mouse
button bindings to be configurable? (or maybe they already are?).
They could fit into the Keyboard settings of xfwm4 by extending the
shortcut names to include mouse buttons as well as keyboard keys.
[and also serves as "documentation" :> ]

Thanks for your reply; that's just what I was looking for!!!