Gnome desktop appears?

Christian V. J. Bruessow cvjb at cvjb.de
Thu Mar 3 12:01:08 CET 2005

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 04:23:04PM -0500, Andrew Conkling wrote:
>On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 11:50 -0600, Thetargos wrote:
>> FWIW, you should have launched nautilus with the --no-desktop option
>> to avoid this from happening. As for the current problem, I couldn't
>> say... even if removing all your preferences did not work, I'm like
>> you, lost here.
>This isn't always intuitively possible; most menu entries have nautilus
>executed without the --no-desktop flag, which means that if you run it
>outside of Gnome, you'll end up with it running your background too.

I don't know, if you know this: You can change that with gconf-editor.
Goto /apps/nautilus/preferences, there you should see the option "show
desktop", disable it, and nautilus globally will not (re)draw your
desktop.

BTW, I have replaced nautilus with rox, but what I really miss, is a
commander like file manager, that fits into modern desktops like XFce or
Gnome.

Christian