Gnome desktop appears?

Andrew Conkling andrewski at fr.st
Wed Mar 2 22:23:04 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 11:50 -0600, Thetargos wrote:
> FWIW, you should have launched nautilus with the --no-desktop option
> to avoid this from happening. As for the current problem, I couldn't
> say... even if removing all your preferences did not work, I'm like
> you, lost here.

This isn't always intuitively possible; most menu entries have nautilus
executed without the --no-desktop flag, which means that if you run it
outside of Gnome, you'll end up with it running your background too.  I
wish they'd change that option, or at least change the default behaviour
of the .desktop file.

Golly gee, that just irks me!