What is the build order of Xfce 4.2.2 from source?

Brett magnesium_ at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 27 00:37:28 CEST 2005

--- Justin <Elshadii at carolina.rr.com> wrote:

> Brett wrote:
>
> >Am trying to give a Xfce a try for the first time. The docs on the web
> >site say to build in this order:
> >   1. xfce4-dev-tools
> >   2. libxfce4util
> >   3. libxfcegui4
> >   4. libxfce4mcs
> >   5. xfce-mcs-manager
> >   6. all other modules (you have to install xfce4 panel before
> compiling
> >panel plugins).
> >
> >But the source does not include xfce4-dev-tools. So thinking that this
> was
> >just an out of date document I just tried to build the minimum without
> the
> >xfce4-dev-tools:
> >   1. libxfce4util
> >   2. libxfcegui4
> >   3. libxfce4mcs
> >   4. xfce-mcs-manager
> >
> >It all seemed to build fine but the startxfce4 binary was not built.
> After
> >some investigation I see that the xfce-utils source has this so I built
> >that next. But running startxfce4 quits with some error about a missing
> >font as far as I can tell. But just to be sure what is the correct
> build
> >order or where can I find the xfce4-dev-tools source if it still
> exists?
> >Is the xfce-utils now the replacement for the xfce4-dev-tools? Help.
> >
> >TIA,
> >Brett
> >

> I would highly reccomend getting the graphical installer available at:

http://peterhost.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/xfce/xfce4-4.2.2-installer.bin

Unfortunately the installer does not work on my system. Gives an error
about not finding a font (don't remember which one). I also read that
others were having trouble uninstalling xfce with this which I rather not
deal with. I find it much better to make my own rpms from the sources but
again my question is:
What is the build order? Not all of the sources are as the online docs
say. I just want to build it myself. Anyone.

Thanks,
Brett