confused about plugins

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 22:05:24 CEST 2005

On 6/14/05, Michael Weisman <mike at theaddoctors.com> wrote:
> I am running xfce 4.2 and downloaded and ran the xfce-goodies binary as root.
> Now What?
> I can't seem top figure out how to use anything supplied by it.
> I also tried to do the same with xfce datetime module so that I could have the
> date on my panel.
> Needless to say, I can not figure that out either.

If you right click on the panel and click add item do you see
additional items? If you don't see them, right click again, and pick
restart. Then try to add the items again.

If you still don't see the new plugins, then you may have installed
the plugins to a prefix other than the on the panel is installed

> I humbly ask for your assistance.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Michael Weisman
>
> "chaos is merely a function of the granularity of the sample"

"This brings me back to a time where I had no worries.
All I needed to do was watch Perfect Strangers."
-Erik