Now I'm even more confused about saved sessions

Chris Green chris at areti.co.uk
Wed Jun 8 00:35:35 CEST 2005

I've just tried saving my xfce session when I exited, the results seem
a little odd to me.

    When I start up xfce again I end up in Workspace 3 rather than
    Workspace 1, even though I saved the session when I was on
    Workspace 1.

    Firefox doesn't restart though all the other applications on the
    saved session do restart.

    When I manually start firefox it starts up in its last saved
    position but when I start other applications (including ones that
    have been saved by the session manager) they start up in
    essentially random positions on the current window.

What's going on?

--
Chris Green (chris at areti.co.uk)

    "Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."