Debian packages for Xfce 4.2.2?

Gill, Alex alexgill at tekwerx.biz
Sat Jun 4 16:13:51 CEST 2005

Martin Jenewein wrote:
> Irgendwann (so um 10:49 des 02.06.05) gab
> Misu Moldovan <dumol at home.ro> von sich:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>Does anyone know what happened with the Debian repository for Xfce
>>packages from os-works.com? They used to be always up-to-date (for
>>which I was very grateful, kudos to the maintainers). But the
>>4.2.2 packages are quite late this time...
>
> i use this one
>
> sources.list:
>
> #xfce
> deb http://the.earth.li/~huggie/xfce4/ ./
> martin

Hi, I was also wondering about using a newer release than the 4.0.6
version Debian unstable provides.  Do other Debian users just install
from the source?  If so how that affect the stability of package
management of the system on the whole?

I entered in the earth.li/~huggie... repository above.  'apt-get update'
works fine, but cannot use 'apt-cache search xfce4' to show me any of
those packages -- what am I missing?

TIA,
Alex