What to put in sudoers to shutdown from Xfce?

Brett magnesium_ at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 31 04:17:42 CEST 2005

OK I have been using Gnome for years with Red Hat and never needed to use
sudo before. I understand I need sudo to shutdown my system with Xfce. For
some reason my brain cannot latch onto the correct entries I need to put
in the sudoers file to allow one user to perform a simple shutdown -h now.
I tried "userName localhost=/sbin/shutdown -h now", this makes the reboot
and turn off computer options active but then it asks my pasword and
denies my shuting down the system anyway. I'm at a loss.

Thanks,
Brett