Focus model

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Sun Jul 24 16:59:48 CEST 2005

I believe that Roger whishes the same behaviour as me. While launching a
new program, I select an other window. The focus should remain on the
window I selected, not the one that opens in the background.

When opening a single window -and wait for it to load-, it should have
focus. (Automatically give focus to newly created windows)

I don't want to point my mouse cursor at any window. And I don't want
other windows 'stealing' focus of my current/manually focussed window.
(click to focus)

The 'prevent_focus_stealing' option does not work, or merely at a few
percent of the programs out there, so we need an other option.

Gnome has it, KDE has it, so it shouldn't be that hard to accomplish. My
idea is to timestamp a window at creation and at ' manually focussed'.
The window with the latest timestamp has and *keeps* focus...

Harold.